The best way to describe Dylan’s approach is counseling is Holistic and Transformational. Using creative and dynamic approaches to promoting personal growth balanced with mindfulness and a peaceful recognition of the spiritual aspect of her clients, she has the ability to accommodate diverse needs. Through dialogue, supportive feedback and guided processes, she helps clients uncover great depths within themselves and their journey to a changed life experience.
Education & Credentials
- Dylan has a Master of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology from Lesley University (formerly Lesley College) in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She also has a BS in Nursing from Saint John Fisher College in Rochester, New York.
- Dylan has been offering mental health services since 1983. She has worked as a Psychiatric Nurse in an outpatient clinic setting, was the coordinator of Outpatient Eating Disorders treatment at Heights Psychiatric Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico and has provided supervision and staff education in both hospital and outpatient settings. She has been a guest teacher in the Nursing department at Saint John Fisher College and at Webster University in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She presents Health Education seminars for MVP, the Jewish Community Center, Perinton Recreation Center and for other community centers.
- Dylan has worked in outpatient, day treatment, intensive day treatment and inpatient mental health and addiction treatment centers throughout her career and has maintained her private practice since 1983.
- Dylan has studied numerous traditional and alternative approaches to supporting mental health and behavioral wellness since 1981. She is also an Experienced Registered Yoga Instructor with Yoga Alliance, a licensed Zumba® instructor and long time Fitness and Health Educator as well as a Reiki practitioner. She teaches meditation, mindfulness and stress reduction workshops and classes and encourages her clients to develop a meaningful spiritual life.
- Dylan has studied various methods of energy psychology and healing and has taught Reiki since 1994. She has training in meditation, guided meditation, aromatherapy, cymatherapy and other natural methods that support mental and physical health.
Dylan’s services are informed by her many years of meditation and yoga practice, her medical background and her varied studies in psychology and spirituality. You can be assured that your services will be individually tailored to meet your needs and be highly user-friendly.